REGISTRATION INFORMATION 2013-2014
Parish schools within the Archdiocese of Vancouver service the parish to which the school is affiliated. Each year, if required, the parish subsidizes the school financially to balance the school’s budget.
Admission Policy of Catholic schools is established by the Catholic Independent Schools of the Vancouver Archdiocese. The admission priority is:
Children presently enrolled in the school if they and their families meet the expectations of the school.
- Subject to No. 8, siblings of children already in the school, whose families are practicing Catholics active in the parish.
- Children whose families are practicing Catholics active in the parish.
- Siblings of children already in the school, whose families are practicing Catholics active in other parishes.
- Children whose families are practicing Catholics coming into the parish who have been attending Catholic school elsewhere.
- Children whose families are practicing Catholics active in other parishes.
- Children whose families are either not practicing Catholics or Catholics not active in their parishes.
- Non-Catholics. Once accepted into the school, non-Catholics need meet only the criteria expected of other students to be readmitted in subsequent years. Siblings of non-Catholics cannot be given priority over Catholics.
2013 – 2014 Fee Schedule
|No. of Children||Monthly FeeOur Lady’s Parish Registered Member||Monthly FeeNon-Parish||Monthly Fee InternationalStudents|
Acceptance: (You will be contacted for an interview with the school principal; please do not call the school.) Upon acceptance you will be required to submit cheques as per Schedule of Fees. (See back of form)
Registration Fee: Non-refundable fee of $100.00 per new family must accompany your completed registration package. Upon acceptance (interview with the principal), a non-refundable deposit of the one month’s tuition must be submitted along with Payment Schedule (Form 7N).
Parishioner/Non-Parishioner Rates: This is a gentle reminder that ‘active parishioners’ are those who attend Mass regularly (weekly); those who use envelopes or pre-authorized giving regularly (weekly); and those who actively participate in other aspects of parish life.
Parent Participation Levy: $800.00 per family. Each family is expected to participate in the Parent Participation Program. The cheque will be returned to you at the end of the school year if you have fulfilled your commitment. If you do not wish to participate, the cheque for $800.00 is payable September 3, 2013.
Books/ IT Fee: $100.00 per student
Emergency Preparedness Fee: $10.00 per student Emergency supplies (equipment, tools, water, food rations, etc.).
Fieldtrip Fee: $60.00 per student
Grade Event Fee: $10.00 per student
School Yearbook (optional): $50.00 each. ‘The Marian’ is Our Lady of Perpetual Help School yearbook. It is a comprehensive record of all aspects of school life. Every student’s portrait plus at least one candid appears in the yearbook.